The Dominion of Myrkfaelinn extends an invitation to one and all to visit us for a day of Tournament, Melee, Fencing, Feasting, A&S and dancing.
- Master John is planning on conducting a holmegang tournament and is still being creative on the form the melee will take. Inspections and qualifications at 11:30, fighting there after.
- Lady Astraya will be running a scribal gathering, offering open time to work on scribal arts in the SCA. Open to everyone, she will also have information and practice pieces for beginers.
- There will also be a gathering of fiber arts enthusiasts. So bring your projects or come get ideas to start a new one.
- Lord Matteo will have something to challenge the fencers.
- Thanks to Lord Thorp and the combined Delftwood medieval dance band we will have live music to dance too, dance instruction by Lady Gytha.
Fees for the day are Adults $6, children 12 and under $4, 5 and under free. Feast is $9 adults, $5 children 12-6, children 5 and under free. The $5 NMS charge applies. Reservations can be sent to the autocrat. Lady Cristina inghean Ghriogair email@example.com. Makes checks payable to "SCA, Inc- Dominion of Myrkfaelinn.
Any dietary concerns should be directed to Lady Lidia Allen firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of these marvelous activities will be taking place at gorgeous Risley Hall on the Cornell University campus (515 Thurston Ave, Ithaca NY 14850).
Doors open at 10am and close after dancing.
Directions: From the North, take Route 13(exit 11 on I-81 south); follow 13 south through the town of Dryden. Turn right at the traffic light in Dryden's village center to stay on 13 south(if road signs start saying "RT 38" you missed the turn). A few miles further on, at a traffic light just past NYSEG, route 366 goes off to the left. Turn left here. At a flashing yellow light where 366 peels off to the left, you will go straight, across the bridge, and enter Cornell University's campus; this will be Hoy Road. Turn left at the stop sign onto campus road and then turn right at the next stop sign onto East Avenue. Just after East Ave crosses the gorge bridge, Risley Hall will be on your left- a turreted, red brick building.
From the Southeast: Take I-81 north to NYS route 79 at Whitney Point. Follow 79 into Ithaca; at the traffic light, turn right onto stewart avenue (the street is fashioned with red bricks), and follow from ***below.
From the northwest: leave I-90 at exit 42 to take route 96 south (Geneva exit). carefully follow the route signs through Geneva. stay on route 96 into Ithaca untill it crossess Route 13 north(south meadow st)turn left onto route 13, then turn right onto buffalo st. stay on buffalo st as it goes uphill towards a flashing yellow cautionary light at stewart avenue. turn left here and follow from****below.
From Elmira and points west : take route 17 east to 13 N. route 13 will become one-way halfway through Ithaca. once it does so, turn right onto Buffalo st. stay on Buffalo as it goes up hill towards a flashing yellow light at Stewart ave. turn left here and follow from ***below. ****Contine on Stewart Ave across a bridge untill you reach a 4 way stop (this is AFTER the intersection with 2 right turns) turn right onto University ave. and proceed up the hill to the first traffic light. turn left and cross the bridge; Risley Hall is the first building on the left- a turreted, red brick building.