Come on up the hill and enjoy a day of equestrian classes, interaction and FUN! Spring Equestrium will be held at Pioneer Equestrian Park (6740 Fairplay Road Somerset, CA. 95684) in the shire of Mountains Gate!
Pioneer Park is a beautiful location with lots of shaded picnic areas, a great playground, flush privies, lush green grass, two great arenas and easy trailer parking! Spring Equestrium WILL have something for everyone! You DO NOT need a horse…but if you do please bring it with you! We'll have lots of interactive, hands on classes and activities of equine enthusiasts of every level! More classes and activities are being added daily!
Here are some of the highlights!
- "PERIOD" POTLUCK PICNIC! Bring a dish to share. Kudos for period dishes! There will be a prize awarded for best "period" picnic set up!
- Single Sword for Mounted and Armored Combat (no horse needed) with Richard de Camville
- Introduction to the Horse (a 101 class – no horse needed) with Alloria Somerled
- Gaining Respect from Your Horse (a 101 class - no horse needed –but if you have one please bring it) with Richard de Camville
- Weapon Handling for SCA EQ Games (horse needed)
- Intermediate Groundwork (a 201 class which ties into Gaining Respect - no horse needed –but if you have one please bring it) with Haley
- Silk Banner/Horse Barding (no horse needed) with Marguerite du Royon
- Armored Combat (a 201 class –horses needed-spectators welcome) with Connor and Siobhan
- Challenge Course (an all day activity for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced riders)
If YOU want to teach a class or host an activity that you feel would fit the "theme" of the event please let us know!
There are great wineries right up the road from the site. There is also a trailer friendly convenience store/fuel station at the corner!
Crash space for people and horses is available on Friday and Saturday night about 20 minutes from the site. We plan to feed guests so please RSVP if you need crash space by March 30, 2011.
Site fee (members) is just $10.00! Where can you have this much fun for just ten bucks?
Stay tuned for more details!
Richard de Camville