The people of Stromgard have had a busy year. Founding Revel is a time for us to celebrate the founding of our Barony with our friends and neighbors.
For some, this is the time of Imbolc, where we celebrate the lengthening of days, the hearth and the home, and the stirring of milk in the belly of our ewes. Will it be the serpent or the badger who emerges form his den to portend the end of winter? To others, this is the time of Candlemas, La Feabhra, and the Purification of the Virgin Mary. Bring your candles to turn the wheel to the light half of the year.
FEAST: Seating is limited to 300. Contact the Autocrat before January 31, 2011 to reserve your seat.
The menu for this served feast will include:
--seasonal root vegetable dishes
--turkey and lamb with a variety of sauces
--Thyra's beef barley soup
***Children's Menu***: Turkey , Macaroni and cheese, mixed vegetables, juice. Parents, please indicate how many children need the children's menu.
All ingredients will be included in the site copy menu. Vegan and Vegetarian dishes will be served. If you have a food allergy, please email the autocrat ASAP.
- Baronial Arts and Sciences competition!
- Heavy Fighter Practice: outside, under cover!
- Various passive and active children's activities, including Stromgard's famous Children's Equestrian Tournament!
- Stromgard Basket silent auction benefiting the Baronial Travel Fund: 2 ways to participate- Donate a basket filled with items for auction, OR bring your purse because there are always great items to bid on!
- Their Excellencies will be accepting Baronial Tax payments to assist with providing quality period prizes for the upcoming tourney season.
AUTOCRAT: Madame Jacqueline de Lioncourt email@example.com
SITE: Battle Ground Community Center, 912 E. Main St., Battle Ground, WA 98604.
Site is open from 10AM to 10PM.
DIRECTIONS: From North or South:
Take I-5 to exit 11, (219th St. exit). Go east on 219th Street. [219th becomes Main Street when you get to Battle Ground.] Continue to 912 E Main Street. Site is on your left as you come to the end of "old town." Park in either lot or on street.
SITE FEE: $12.00 per adult, children 14 and under are $6.00, 4 and younger are free. $32.00 family cap. $5 NMS applies. Please make all checks payable to the "Barony of Stromgard, SCA Inc. "