The Canton of Three Hills in the Barony of Andelcrag presents St. Valentine's Day Massacre XXXVIII
and Tournament of Chivalry Saturday, February 12, 2011
Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds
2900 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
NO DAY CAMPS - NO OPEN FOOD BUFFETS
(Due to Site, Health Department, and Fire Marshall Rules)
$10 (non-member surcharge $5)
$3 for children 5-12
Children under 5 are free
Make checks payable to: SCA - Canton of Three Hills
Val Day will be hosting a Tournament of Chivalry this year, as well as indoor melees.
Everyone who goes through troll will get a raffle ticket for a chance to win one of three Shell gas cards ($75, $50, $50). Winners to be chosen and announced at 4:30 pm.
General Site Information:
• ATM available onsite
• No pets allowed on site; service animals welcome.
• DRY site; no alcohol permitted
Loading and Unloading Guidlines for ValDay:
- FENCERS can check in at Main Troll, then you will be pointed to a doorway off the Fencing Hall to the outdoors, where you can unload/load after you check in. Please don't carry a big load or drag a bag/cart of armor through the doors to Troll; the doors are new and the facility does not allow ANY loading or unloading through the doors at Main Troll or the back/Merchant entrance. The facility has signs posted to that effect, but we have noticed hundreds ignoring this. Please don't jeopardize our use of the site.
- HEAVY fighters should proceed to the back of the site, directly to Express Troll off the Armored Combat/Heavy Fighting Hall. Heavy fighters should check in at the Express Troll, and THEN go get their stuff to bring in, through the designated doorways.
- POPULACE are requested to enter either at the Main Troll OR Express Troll. Check in, and THEN go get your stuff, please. We are hoping this also alleviates a lot of congestion at Main Troll and Express Troll.
- Anyone seen coming into the Merchant Hall with a fighter's kit or big armload of personal stuff will be requested to go to either the Fencers' unloading area or the Heavy Fighters' unloading area. Pulling a cart or heavy armload into the Merchant Hall adds congestion and we need to keep the aisles and walkways clear.
- There are signs posted by the site at the back entrance that it is NOT a loading/unloading area. Please respect this for us.