Mark your calendars for January 8 and we'll finish up the winter holiday season with joyous merrymaking (and full stomachs!). We are pleased to announce that the Bard of Caid competition will be held and we look forward to enjoying and sharing the rich bardic talent that thrives in Caid.
Lady Ruan of Lyondemere is offering some Children's Activities, so that the fun can be enjoyed by the whole family. Lady Amya Weaver is coordinating some Class Instruction in case you are anxious to start on a new art in the new year. And the site has limited availability for Merchants, in case you are still searching for that perfect gift.
What is merrymaking without Dancing? The Honorable Lady Meala Caimbeul is coordinating dancing as follows.
Before the feast there shall be one hour of dancing, Caroso-style. That is, we will publish a list of pieces our illustrious band is willing to play, and dancers will select that which they want to dance from said list. We will start with the highest ranking lady in the room. She will select a partner and a dance. They will take only as many dancers as needed to complete the set, and then dance. When their dance is complete, the selected partner will then choose a dance and partner, and thus continue for the hour. There may be short breaks after each five songs if the band requires refreshment. If time and space allow, basic Country dance may be taught earlier in the day, but there will be no walkthroughs once we begin.
Last, but certainly not least, stay to enjoy the wonderful company you’ve enjoyed throughout the day as well as the inspired feast to be presented by Lady Cristal Delamer and her staff. The Feast has is entitled "Homecoming" and will feature foods from Ancient Rome, Greece, and Byzantium. Please note The Feast is Now Full. (You can still be added to the waiting list, by emailing the Event Steward, Baroness Chiara de'Danielli (Danielle Vance), email: firstname.lastname@example.org)Schedule of the Day
* 9:00 AM - Site Opens
* 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Court (at TRM's Discretion)
* 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM - Class Track 1 (2 classes run simultaneously)
* 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Lunch
* 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM - Class Track 2 (2 classes run simultaneously)
* 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM - Bard of Caid Competition (rules)
* 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Dance (Ball)
* 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Feast
* 9:00 PM - Site Closes
Event Steward: Baroness Chiara de'Danielli email@example.com
The event will be held at Bellflower Masonic Lodge, 9813 Beach Street, Bellflower, CA 90706. There is a parking lot available across the street and on-street parking is available when that space fills.
* This site is an indoor site without grassy areas for pavilions, as such all events will be happening indoors
* This is a discreetly damp site (wine only)
* All food and drink will need to remain in the feast hall
* No open flames (candles, etc.) will be permitted
* No pets please
* Adults $8 / Additional $5 non-member fee collected, without proof of membership
* Lunch $5
* Feast $12
* Please make checks payable to SCA, Inc./Barony of Lyondemere
Take your best route to CA 91: east of 710 / west of 605 / north of 405 / south of 105.
Exit Bellflower Blvd, proceed north on Bellflower. Turn right on Beach St. The Masonic Temple will be on your left.