Now through February 6, 2011, the Getty Center will offer visitors a trip to France's medieval past by hosting Imagining the Past in France, 1250–1500, a manuscript exhibition describing "how these lavish books contributed to the development of French art and the French nation."
In addition to the exhibit, the Getty Center will offer a series of lectures, concerts, demonstrations, and workshops including
- Manuscripts and Movies: From the Medieval to the Modern
- How the French Made History: Manuscripts and Images of the Past in Medieval France
- Manuscript Illumination
- Gordon Getty Concert: Lionheart
- Master Class in Illumination: Camaieu
- The King's Table: A Culinary Workshop