West Kingdom Twelfth Night and Coronation January 7, 8, and 9, 2011 Golden Rivers (Sacramento CA)
The Final Court of Titus and Arianwen and the Coronation of Jade and Catherine will take place at the West's celebration of Twelfth Night at the Doubletree Sacramento near Arden Fair. The site will be available for us from Friday through Sunday.
Site fee and tickets
* $15 for adult members
* $10 for those 13 – 17.
* There is no charge for those 12 and under
* There is a "family" rate (for 2 adults & 2 or more children) of $45.
Tickets are available on line through ACCEPS, by mail (send a check made payable to SCA Inc. Kingdom of the West and a stamped return envelope to Reservations, below), at events, and at the door. There is a $5 non-member surcharge for adults who are not paid members of the SCA Inc. that must be paid at gate. There is no pre-event discount this year, in line with the new Kingdom event pricing policy.
We are at the Sacramento Doubletree; the hotel address is 2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, California 95815. The negotiated room rate is $85/night and includes parking. The room reservation code is KOW; the hotel's website is http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/RLSA-DT-Doubletree-Hotel-Sa.... Parking is complimentary for all attending Twelfth Night, whether or not you are staying at the hotel.
* If the guests are staying here at the hotel - they will have to pull a ticket to get into the parking lot. They then go to the front desk and check in. The front desk will give them a ticket that is valid the entire time they are here and will allow in and out. They can then discard the ticket they used to get into the parking lot initially. The ticket they get from the desk will be used to put into the machine at the exit when they leave and then instead of pulling a ticket to get back in - they put that ticket in and the gate will open.
* For those that don't have a sleeping room. The guest will have to pull a ticket to get into the lot. They will then go to the meeting. We will provide a validation machine that will be (more than likely) at the registration area for the conference (your registration, not the hotel registration). The attendee will put the ticket they received in the machine and it will validate their parking. There will be no charge for parking. When they leave - they will have to put the ticket into the machine, the gates will open and they will be able to exit. If they come back again the next day (or leave and come back the same day - they repeat the process.
Directions to the Hotel
I-5, HEADING NORTH
1. Take I-5 to HWY 50.
2. Take HWY 50 east to Business 80/Capital City Freeway east.
3. Exit at Arden Way east, keep right.
4. Take the first right onto Point West Way.
I-5, HEADING SOUTH
1. Take the Garden Highway exit, turning left onto Garden Highway
2. Continue on Garden Highway, which turns into Garden-Arden Expressway
3. Continue on Garden-Arden as it turns into Arden Way.
4. Follow Arden Way, going under Business 80.
5. Turn right onto Point West Way, and right into the hotel parking lot.
FROM HWY 99
1. Keep to the left when approaching Sacramento.
2. HWY 99 merges onto Business 80/Capital City Freeway.
3. Take the Arden Way, exit east or keep right.
4. Turn right onto Point West Way.
FROM HWY 50
1. Take the Business 80/Capital City Freeway.
2. Exit at Arden Way east, keep right.
3. Take the first right onto Point West Way.
4. Turn right into the hotel parking lot.
Their Majesties and Their Royal Highnesses have agreed that the events of the weekend should include much more than Court, so the schedule for Saturday includes Titus and Arianwen's Court at 10:30am, followed by a short lunch break, followed immediately by Coronation and Jade and Catherine's Court. Our Royalty hopes to have Courts concluded by 2:30 PM, so that all may enjoy the plays, shopping, dancing, fighting and other activities that are being planned.
The staff for this event is working on wonderful activities (that won't happen in Court) that will keep you busy from Friday afternoon to mid-day Sunday -- along with the usual shopping and meetings of various groups. There will be movies, bardic circles, dancing, fighter practices, and more – as well as the return of the Duchesses' Ball and the Casbah! If there's something you have always wanted to see happen at Twelfth Night, now's the time to volunteer.
If you need space to hold a meeting, contact the autocrat as soon as possible. Priority will be given to recognized kingdom offices and guilds.