The foul smell of brimstone is once again starting to upset the peace of the lands and unsettling rumblings can be heard in the distance. The whispered word is that the evil spawn that once ravished the land at their whim, are once again descending on this fair barony.
So sharpen you your weapons and spend your last moments with your loved ones as these ravenous beasts have been known to devour all but a lucky few who oppose them. Will you be the one that will live on in history as the defeater of one of these beasts? Or will your bones bleach and return to the earth with only the lament of your loved one to remember you by, if they survive the onslaught. The day draws near so ready yourself!
That evening all citizens surviving the devouring creatures are invited to share their misery and loss by gathering together and sharing music and dance to drive away the fear if only for a short time. There is planned to be an exchange of goods no longer useful, or surplus and an auction of items to raise funds to help support the barony in these trying times. The day after the great slaughter, dragon or human, there will be the clash of monsters. The denizens of the dark pits will be fighting over the bones and offal left from the previous days horrific battles. So beware while looking for the body or parts of your loved ones. There still will be grave danger to be found upon the field.
October 9th and 10th 2010 are the dates set for this event.
Tourneys to be held at Himmel Park in Tucson, AZ
Site opens at 9:00 am and closes at 4pm both days Court at 10am with fighting to start at 11 pm.
Site fee for the entire weekend will be $5 members and $10 non-members
1035 North Treat Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85716
For the dragon tourney:
Each fighter will choose to fight any dragon for a fee for as many times as they wish. The dragons will take turns on the field until there are no more challenges or 4pm which ever comes first. There is as a $1 red dragon $5 for the white/ gold dragon fee per fight. This year the populace can bid to see a fighter fight any dragon up to three times only, per fighter for the event.
There will be a baby dragon for youth combat planned, as well as other youth activities during the day on Saturday and Sunday. An inflatable jumping castle is planned for Saturday.
There will be a tourney for rapier on Sunday.
- Drum and Middle Eastern dance Hafla.
- Boar's Bazaar: Bring all your unused SCA items for trade in a swap meet style event. The fee will be $5 for a space to show your items. Please limit your offerings to items that are directly related to SCA events, such as, armor, garb, camping items, tools for crafts, cloth, and related items. Please no merchants of any type at this event, as this is to be a swap meet. We will look for un-wanted items that are in good shape for the Gold key and loaner armor.
- Landsknecht gambling hall: Bring your coin, gems, or other small items to spend the night in fun games.
- BYO finger food/ desserts: There will be a side board set up for this and please bring items to be shared with a number of people.
- A fund raising auction will be held and the details and items to be auctioned will be announced later.
- Court at 7pm or there about.
Unitarian Universalist Church
4831 E. 22nd Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
Sunday there will be a monster tourney held.
At Himmel Park in Tucson, AZ
Site re-opens at 9:00 am and will close at 4pm.
Court at 10am with fighting to start at 11 am.
There will be a melee tourney featuring opposing teams consisting of three fighters tethered together with ropes. The prize for this will be three matching hand and half swords for the winning team.
More information will be forth coming as the event comes near. Please contact the event autocrat with any questions.
Master Sir Stefhan Von Hessen at: Hesseniron@gmail.com