The time to celebrate the Harvest Moon approaches and Malagentia calls good gentles from near and far to celebrate with them through archery, rapier, heavy combat, equestrian activities and feasting. In addition to all our other activities, the event will feature King's and Queen's Rattan Champions tournament!
What you should know about this site.
Harvest Moon will be held at the Ossippee Valley Fairgrounds in South Hiram, Maine. As such, there is:
- A lot of flat space for camping, though any fires must be raised. There are no existing fire pits, and no digging is allowed;
- Cover for all activities except archery in case of inclement weather;
- Hot & cold showers and flush bathroom facilities.
- The average high for this time of year is 70 and the average low is 43.
Dayboard: The event will feature a dayboard which IS NOT covered by the site fee. The modest fee of $3 paid at Gate will provide you (and a child 6 or under with you) with a hearty fall luncheon featuring:
- Feast: Planned and prepared by Mistress Anastasia Gutane, feast for 100 will be served Saturday evening. The cost for the feast is $16 per person, and is limited to 100 seats, pre-reserved only. The reservation deadline has been extended to September 10, 2010. The feast menu can be found online.
Events (including schedules):
- Archery: Saturday- Range opens- 10am
- Equestrian: Saturday- Practice course and mounted archery - 9am. Noon break for lunch. Games - 1pm.
- Rapier: Friday- 5pm open fencing. Saturday- Field opens for inspections/authorizations at 10am, followed by a castle battle at 11am, scenario to be determined by # of participants. Noon break for lunch. 5 man melee tournament at 1pm.
- Rattan Champions: Field opens for inspections at 10am. The tournament will start at about 11am, or upon the whim of the crown.
Rattan Tournament: Will begin half an hour after K&Q's Champions has started.
The design of the tournament is meant to allow people who are not fighting in Rattan Champions to fight and to allow others to join in throughout the day as they are eliminated. The Heavy List tourney will be in the form of the old “Legends of Chivalry”. Fighters will make up teams of any number and combination of combatants and will challenge other teams as either individuals or segments of their team. The goal is to showcase your unit or individual skills to all those who attend.
Each team should have a herald to announce their challenges.
A chosen panel of judges will watch and see what teams or individuals make the biggest impression. This will be based on displaying chivalry and honor, difficulty of the challenge and overall prowess.
Make your best route to I-95
Take I-95 to exit 47 for Rand rd/ME-25.
Turn left onto ME-25W/Westbrook Arterial.
At the second traffic light turn left onto Wayside Dr/William L Clarke Dr/ME-25W
Follow ME-25W approx 25miles.
Turn right onto South Hiram rd.
The Ossipee Valley Fairground is approx 2miles down on the left.
At-a-Glance Event Information
Ossipee Valley Fair Grounds
291 S. Hiram Road
South Hiram, ME 04041
Site Opens: 3pm Friday
Site Closes: Noon Sunday
Site : For weekend - Adult member $10 Youths ages 6-17 $8 Saturday Only - Adult member $8 Youths ages 6-17 $5. Non Members please add $5.
Feast: Feast: * A simple, but hearty and filling Fall Harvest day board will be available for $3 per person. Children ages 6 and under may eat free with an adult paid dayboard token. Dayboard is available at gate there is no pre-registration*
* As the conclusion to the day, a fine feast in three courses will be served. The feast is documented primarily from 14th century English sources with a focus on a different meat and complementary dishes for each course. (Don't worry, hearty vegetarian entree options will also be served.) The cost for the feast is $16 per person, and is limited to 100 seats, so please pre-reserve early. If you have specific questions about the menu or would like to discuss dietary concerns, please feel free to contact the head of kitchen, Mistress Anastasia Gutane, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We expect the final menu to be published about a month prior to the event.
Lord Quentus Quinctilius Mortis- email@example.com
Other Contact Information:
Merchants are welcome. Please contact the autocrat.
Archery Marshall- Lord Iain of Malagentia/ Lord Maxton Gunn
Equestrian Marshall- Lady Syvia Du Vey
Fencing Marshall- Lord Morty of Malagentia
Heavy List Marshall- Master Julien de la Pointe
Make Checks Payable to: Province of Malagentia, SCA Inc.