Once again the Shire of Juneborg invites you all to the Civil War and a weekend filled with fighting, crafts and good food!
All reservations should be made on the Juneborg website. You will get the payment method after the registration. Payment should be made no later than September 8th, Swedish guests will receive an additional fee of 100 SEK for late payment and another 50 SEK if the payment is made on arrival. Foreign guests may pay on arrival. Food restriction must be announced to the head cook before the 8th of September. When you have registered you will receive a registration number, please bring this along with membership proof to the event.
Sägnernas hus, Sandhem (no street address). To find the: site drive to Sandhem (ca 40 km northwest of Jönköping) and in the village follow the signs to Sägnernas Hus.
The event begins at 4 pm on Friday the 1st and closes at noon on Sunday the 3rd.
Adults 250 SEK, children 6 – 14 years 125 SEK, younger members free but note that all children should be registered. Non SCA-members pay an additional 50 SEK. This includes brunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
Feast 100 SEK
Fighters and archers pays an additional 15 SEK
Day trippers (including brunch) 100 SEK
Autocrat: Lord Biorn Stolte firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Cook: Lady Cristina Stolte email@example.com
Reservations: Sir Padraig Gliadrach O'Ceallaigh firstname.lastname@example.org
Having trouble with registration? Please contact count Padraig, email@example.com
We expect a lot of people coming to the event this year. This means that we have to ask you to take up as little space as possible in the sleeping areas. Please leave any large bags in your car, and avoid using over-sized mattresses.
This year, brunch will be served on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. On Friday, you may bring your own food for the barbeque, or there is a pizza place in Sandhem.
* We regret that Civil War is not a children-friendly event. Children are of course welcome, but since there are no secluded sleeping areas, please consider other arrangements for your children.
* It's easy to catch a cold or flu during an event. Remember to sneeze into the bend of your arm, wash your hands often and do not share mugs or cups with others. Fighters, bring your own waterbottles to the war. There will be water carriers available.
* There are no showers on site, but showers will be available in Sandhem, and transportation will be arranged.
* Drinking water and a microwave oven will be available outside the kitchen. Please try not to disturb the kitchen staff.
* Please use hot water with moderation - it will be needed for washing up after feast!
* We appreciate if you drink moderately.
* Please avoid bringing pets to the site.
Arts and science:
Contact the event steward if you wish to hold a class or workshop, or if you want to set up a market stand.
Sleeping on the site:
There are two sleeping options: Calm and Party crashspace.
Please note that there are no beds on the site. However there is room for camping beds and air beds. Please consider that we need room for a lot of people - don't bring oversized beds or matresses.
Calm crashspace: Concrete floor on the ground floor. Remember to bring a blanket or similar to put under your air bed, since the floor is cold.
Party-crashspace: Wooden floor by the feast hall on the upper floor. There is no wall between the crash space and the feast hall. We hope to be able to move the last party to an adjacent room to make sleeeping easier late at night.
Civil War - fighting scenario
There is confusion concerning the events following last years' Civil war. Once again, a lord claims the rights to the shire royal estate, and the winner of the previous year refuses them. Two sides have decided to settle this upon the field of battle and are now mustering forces to travel to Juneborg and a friendly Civil war.
Armour inspections starts at 13:45 at the field (but you are encouraged to seek out a inspecting marshal during the day). War will begin with briefing at 14:00 and end latest at 16:30.
The scenario fundamentals are the same as the last years. 5 flags, one pool of resurections/side. The cost of resurrecting depends on how many flags your opponent's side control. The terrain and flags are location are the same as last year: two villages (1+1), one bridge (1) and one town (2). Number of flags in parenthesis.
* All meals will be taken by the fire place on the upper floor.
* This year, brunch will be served on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. On Friday, you may bring your own food for the barbeque, or there is a pizza place in Sandhem.
* Off-board tables will be available for feast. Please tell the Troll if you want off-board seating.
* At the end of the war, meat sandwiches will be for sale near the fighting grounds.