Greetings all from Lady Katerina da Brescia Kingdom of Lochac A&S Minister.
The winners of the Krae Glas 12th night Kingdom A&S competitions were:
1st & 2nd: Master Alex the Potter
Page from a Missal:
1st: Piers of Malmsbury
2nd: Marit the Wanderer
There was only one entry in the Ruff competition, so it did not run. Thank you Bella Lucia da Verona for your entry. Though not judged, Judges are asked to provide comments on all entries so these will be returned to you.
There was no entires in the woodworking competition.
Tallies are being done to determine the A&S Champion for XXXVIII. This will be announced at May Crown XXXIX.
The rounds for next years Kingdom of Lochac A&S Champion are as follows:
May Crown XXXIX (2004)
* Brewing: "A Drink fit for a King" (alcoholic or non-alcholic.)
* Martial: metal helm with period heraldic acoutraments(torse, mantling,possible crest), to SCA standards.
* Textiles: Lace in a period use... (can be on handkerchief, garb, accessory )
* Art: woodcut (as in printed books)
July Coronation XXXIX
* Everyday item/Dress accessory: a Renaissance fan
* Painting: A triptych
* Performance: A story
* Embroidery: an elizabethan sweet pouch.
November Crown XXXIX (2004)
* Lighting: candles or lanterns.....
* Costuming: underwear
* Martial: arming doublet
* Everyday item: perfumes
Twelfth Night Coronation XXXIX:
* Fine art:Line drawing Portrait (ink, silverpoint, charcoal, etc. not oil painted)
* Embroidery: blackwork on everyday item.
* Costume accessories: gloves and mittens
* Woodwork: a personal item.
To view photos of A&S entries, click on the header above and scroll down to the "A&S Gallery" portion of the menu.