The Barony of the Cleftlands and the Shire of Falcon's Quarry Present Northern Oaken War Maneuvers XIV
June 11, 12 & 13, 2010
Ukranian American Youth Association Resort
47890 Bursley Rd, Wellington OH, 44090
Approximately 35 miles South-West of Cleveland, OH
* Armored Combat, including a Friday Night Torchlight Tourney
* Rapier Combat
* Youth Combat
* Thrown Weapons
* Youth Activities
* Dancing! Western English Country and Middle Eastern. Including a middle-eastern Hafla Saturday night.
* Plenty of classes
* Brewer's roundtable and tasting. Bring your Mead! Site is dripping wet.
* Tavern open for breakfast
* Perogi lunch tavern run by the Ukranian camp
* A Bardic circle, Bardic Challenge and Bardic Coffee Shop with performances all day!
* A Lucet 'Race' sponsored by our Baroness
* A Cookie Duel! Yum!
* Swimming - at your own risk! Stay within the roped off swimming area! Swimming outside of the roped area will be grounds for removal from the event.
* Shopping in the shade! Merchants are welcome, please pre-register through the merchant coordinator. Bring your own tables and tents.
* A Royal Court at Their Majesty's pleasure; tenatively scheduled for ? pm Saturday
Adults (over 18) Children 17 and under
Pre-reg $10 Free
At the gate $10 Free
From the North East: West of Cleveland, I-480 intersects I-80(The Ohio Turnpike). At that point it continues west-southwest as Ohio Rt 10. Take Rt 10 until it changes to Rt 20 West (~5.5mi). Take Rt 20 to the intersection of Rt 58(~10mi). Turn Left/South onto Rt 58. Stay on Rt 58 11 miles - through Wellington and past Findley State Park. Turn Right/West onto Bursley Road. The Ukranian American Youth Assoc. Resort is 1.75 miles from Rt 58, on the right side.
From the North West:Take 80/90 east to exit 140, Oberlin Rt 58. Take Rt 58 south, drive about 5 miles through Oberlin and Wellington and past Findley State Park. Turn Right/West onto Bursley Road. The Ukranian American Youth Assoc. Resort is 1.75 miles from Rt 58, on the right side.
From the West and South: Take your best route to I-71 North, take the US 250 exit (exit 186) towards Ashland/Wooster. Turn Left (west) onto US 250 West. Take the US 42 North/US 250 exit (right). At the US 42 North/US 250 split make a left to continue on US 250. Turn Left onto OH 58. Take OH 58 approximately 18 miles to Bursley Road. Turn Left onto Bursley, go approx 1.5 miles and the camp will be on the right.