This year we put the Melee into "Murder Melee" with competitions being organized for every martial activity!
We're looking for team competition in Rapier and Armoured combat, Youth combat, Thrown weapons and Archery! Come out to compete, but don't fear - if you don't have a team pre-set before arriving, we'll do pick up teams at the event!
Murder Melee promises to be an event that offers it all: a great site for families and camping, glorious competition in all martial activities and, for the second year, the services of the new Dizzy Dragon tavern for various sumptuous needs. Whether you are training for war or simply enjoying the summer season in wine and song. Murder Melee will not disappoint!
Time and Place:
* Blue Springs Scout Reserve, 14009 6th Line Nassagaweya, Acton, Ontario
* Site Opens: Thursday, June 17 at 4:00 pm
* Site Closes: Sunday, June 20 at 2:00 pm
Day Per Adult Per Child Family Cap
(age 14 and under) (NMS + KET not incl.)
Thursday $30.00 $15.00 $75.00
Friday $25.00 $12.00 $62.00
Saturday $15.00 $8.00 $38.00
Day Trip $10.00 $5.00 $25.00
$3 Non-Member Surcharge in effect
$1 Kingdom Event Tithe per adult
+ Cabin Fees Per Night: $8.00
* The site is very discretely damp.
* No alcohol bottles of any kind should be visible at any time.
* Offenders of the no alcohol rule will be ejected from the premises.
* The site features plenty of flat, campable land, fire pits for campfires or outdoor cooking, and also cabins for those who prefer to “camp” indoors.
* Bunks are available in the large bunkhouse, but are limited - contact the event steward for a reservation and pre-payment arrangements.
* All unpaid reservations will be released as first come, first serve on Thursday evening.
* Sorry, but no pets are allowed.
* Notice that this site is now Green Friendly with only recycling bins - All garbage must be carried out individually.
* New this year:
We've booked Radial Lodge, a building with 10 beds, a kitchen, two bathrooms and four showers. Ideal for a household to book together, and we've worked out a special fee of $275 for the building. If you've got a group that's interested in booking thw whole thing, get in touch with the Inn-Keeper right away.
Dizzy Dragon Tavern:
* Our tavern keepers from last year return once again! The Dizzy Dragon Tavern will be serving lunches and dinners for all your various sumptuous needs.
Event Steward: Baudouin de Domrémy
From the West:
* Take your best route to Hwy 401 East.
* Take Exit 295, Hwy 6 North (towards Guelph).
* Turn right at Wellington Road 34.
* Turn left on Guelph Line.
* Turn right on 25th Side Road/Regional Road 12.
* Turn left at Nassagaweya 6th Line.
* The entrance to Blue Springs will be approximately 3 km down the road, on the right.
From the East:
* Take your best route to Hwy 401 West.
* Take Exit 320, Hwy 25 N