The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Minister of Arts and Sciences (MOAS). The current Society MOAS steps down in October, 2010. In order to ensure a smooth transition, applications for the position of Society MOAS are now being accepted.
The Minister of Arts and Sciences is the officer responsible for reporting on the artistic and educational programs of the SCA, fostering the study of medieval culture and technology, and also for promoting methods for producing historically inspired artifacts and performances.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- coordinating the efforts of kingdom officers in the field (regardless of whether the individual functions related to "Arts" and "Sciences" are combined in one job or kept separate);
- promoting the dissemination of accurate information about the fields under study;
- assisting the Chronicler of the Society and the editors of the corporate publications in confirming the validity of research presented to the membership as needed;
- responding to inquiries from the membership and artisans in a courteous and timely manner;
- constructive problem solving;
- ensuring accurate and consistent reporting from A&S officers in order to meet the SCA’s audited charitable reporting requirements;
- performing other duties assigned by the Board as directed
This is an unpaid position. Applicants should be able to travel to other kingdoms as necessary, and have easy access to phone, computer, mail and e-mail. An applicant must be a paid member of the Society and should have maintained consistent membership prior to application. The applicant must be able to meet quarterly reporting deadlines in a timely and accurate manner. Experience in both the practice and coordination of the Arts and Sciences as practiced in the SCA is strongly preferred.
The Society MOAS is appointed by the Board but reports directly to the President of the SCA. The Society MOAS is warranted for a three-year term of service.
Hard copies of resumes (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) must be sent to the attention of ‘The Board of Directors’, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789. Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to resumes @ sca . org and as @ ca . org. Resumes must be received by July 1, 2010.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email email@example.com.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.