The Shire of Rosenfeld announces the next chapter in the 3 Kings annual event, The Battle of 3 Commanders, October 1-3 Hawkins RV Park, Hawkins Tx.
July to September 1588
The Spanish Armada, had attempted to rendezvous with its army and invade England to depose the heretic Elizabeth I. The Armada waited in vain for the Duke of Parma's army to arrive at Calais.
The English Navy using fireships caused the Armada's ships to cut anchor and escape into the North Channel. Meanwhile in Ireland the Irish Pirate Queen Grainne was losing her hold over the waters of Cley Bay to the English and traveled to England for an audience with the Queen, hoping to regain her
- What if the Duke of Sidonia Medona did not escape into the North Channel and followed King Phillips plan to invade England, but the Privateer Sir Francis Drake was there to try to stop him?
- What if the Pirate Commander Grainne Ui Mhaille, seeking release of her hostage son and her ships, came to present her case before Elizabeth I, and found herself in the middle of a war? (What could a pirate do?)
- What if The 3 Commanders had been able to deploy the Grapple Hook and then Rapier fighters from each ship fought on decks and gangplanks with the treacherous ocean waiting to swallow them up?
- What if the Spanish Armada and Grainne assaulted the English Castle from their ships using archers and siege weapons ?
- And what if they landed and all 3 commanders met in an open field battle?
Then we could have the Battle of 3 commanders.
- The English Privateer Commander ~ Sir Francis Drake ~ HE Don Robert MacPharland, OP
- The Irish Pirate Commander ~ Grainne Ui Mhaille ~ HE Druinne de Salesberie, OP
- The Spanish Armada Commander ~ The Duke of Medona Sidonia ~ HE Don Iago Cabrera de Cadiz
- Choose your commanders, prepare your Bardic and A&S entries, the theme is Pirate, Privateers, the Sea, Irish, English and Spanish. Prepare for battles with Rapier, Chivalric, Combat Archery, Siege Weapons, Equestrian and targets for Archers.
- There will be a Pirate Quest for children 6-12, no limit on entrants.
- You can help your Commander by volunteering for service.
- All participants should donate to the War Chest which will be presented to the winning Commander.
- Merchants are welcome with a donation to the War Chest appreciated.
Co-Stewards for the Battle of 3 Commanders.
Lord Ricciardo da Nicolosi ~ email@example.com and Lady Eithne ingen meic Cineda ~ firstname.lastname@example.org