Great News! Baron Wars is coming home to Fort Meigs!! And it is one of only two Middle Kingdom War Practices currently on the books!
When: May 7-9, 2010
Where: Fort Meigs, 29100 West River Road, Perrysburg, OH 43552
Site opens at 12 noon on Friday, May 7, 2010.
Site closes at 12 noon on Sunday, May 9, 2010.
Camping Cost: Adults (anyone 18 or over) $20, Children ages 6-17 $10, Children age 5 and under are free
Daytrip Cost: Adults (anyone 18 or over) $10, Children ages 6-17 $5, Children age 5 and under are free
Family Caps: Camping $55, Daytrip $30
There is no preregistration and camping spots are first come, first serve as usual.
You can help the Troll and her Goblins by having waivers completed upon arrival.
Note: The same RULES apply as the last time we were at the Fort! Please review them.
REMINDER: Ft. Meigs is in an Emrald Ash Borer Quarantine Zone. Fines for taking firewood out of the zone can be in the THOUSANDS of dollars (per THIS STATEMENT).
1) The site is discretely damp. This means that no open and obvious containers of alcohol are allowed anywhere. Keep the bottles in a tent, in a cooler and out of site. Put it in a mug. Keep the empties in a bag out of sight until Sunday.
2) The legal drinking age in Ohio is 21 please obey the law.
3) Above ground fire pits only please, the only allowed in ground firepit is the one we dig.
4) Loud camping/partying is limited to the river and museum sides of the fort only (those away from housing). We reserve the right to shut you down if you are loud in the wrong area. A loud firepit area is provided for you to party.
5) Quiet and ultra quiet camping are located next to housing, including outside the fort behind merchants, please make sure that if you want a quiet nights sleep you locate your tent in the correct area.
6) This site is a state park, we have to undo everything that we do to it. Please be considerate and bag your trash and take it to the trash drop off (by the exit) on your way out. Extra trash bags are available at info point. We have a reputation as being the most tidy group of all those to use the Fort, lets keep it that way.
7) Reserved camping, if your friends get there and reserve enough space for your camp that is great. We cannot do it for you, there is just not enough of us.
8) Traffic regulations - the fort is one way for a good reason, it tears up the grass less, please help us avoid damage to the grass by obeying staff members as they direct you around the fort. No cars may remain parked in the fort except for the two emergency vehicles belonging to the autocrats.