Sutton Who? A Saxon Day of Silliness Join us for a day of Saxon themed fun and silliness as we celebrate the 1st of May!
Site is the Throop Fire Department Social Hall, 7159 Beech Tree Rd, Auburn NY 13021. Site opens at 9:00am and closes at 9:00pm. Anyone still there after 9:00pm will be put to work cleaning. Site is discreetly damp.
We have plans for a full day of Silly, with something for everyone.
- For the fencers, a Tournament of Wrong, requiring something worn or carried to meet the description of 'That is Just So Wrong!'. (Remember, this is family friendly)
- For the heavy fighters, we will hopefully be having an assassination tourney, with each fighter having a partner outside the list ropes, armed with beanbags.
- For the artisans & craftsmen, an Arts & Sciences competition, anything pre 12th century, but Saxon items encouraged. There will be also be a youth category for A&S.
- For the children, plenty of activities, including a youth tournament.
- For everyone, a chance to dance around the May Pole.
- For the hungry, dayboard and feast by Lady Svana inKyrra. Please contact her with any dietary restrictions at email@example.com.
Autocrat for the event is Moniczka Elzbietka Poznanska
Honorary Autocrat is Ursus Orca Orhinus
The adult fees for this event are $8 for the site fee and sideboard lunch, with an additional $7 feast fee. A $3 non-member surcharge will be collected at the door, so please bring proof of membership. The fees for children aged 14 and under are $4 for the site fee and lunch, with an additional $4 feast fee. Families will be charged for a maximum of two children. Children 5 and under may attend free of charge, but please notify us if they will take up a seat at feast. Please send reservations to SCA, Inc. – Barony of Delftwood, P.O. Box 6694, Syracuse, NY 13217.
Make checks payable to SCA, Inc. – Barony of Delftwood.
Take I-90 to the Weedsport exit, then south on NY-34, towards Auburn.
Turn right onto Turnpike Rd/ CR-10A. Follow Turnpike Rd for 2.2 miles to School St/CR-144A. Turn left onto School St, go .6 miles, Beech Tree Rd is on the right.