Do you find your persona wandering the entire historical gambit from 1 AD through 1600 AD? Do you find yourself waking up in a peplos, spending the day in an apron dress, and retiring for the evening in a ruff and hoop skirts? Is this scenario complicated further by the fact that your persona is male?
If any of this sounds familiar, you owe it to yourself to come spend the weekend indulging your inner time-traveler at
Black Oak Lodge 2010: Crossroads in Time!
March 19, 20 and 21, 2010
The event is once again set in the cool green forests of coastal Caid, and accommodations include a cozy bunk in an enclosed wooden cabin for two nights.
Activities for the Weekend Include:
- Round table discussions about personae development: Please bring your favorite personae with all the accoutrements that make you who you are (as opposed to when you are someone else).
- Three different raffles featuring the best prizes EVER, designed with just YOU in mind, which you are automatically entered into by a) showing up and b) being a current member of the SCA (attendance at the Feast on Saturday Night is required to win)
- A Children’s Scavenger Hunt where YOU might be one of the items to be found.
- Rapier and Armored Lists full of chivalric combat, heroic deeds, and potentially convoluted rules designed to stimulate your imagination. (In keeping with the event theme, additional points may be awarded for dispatching your opponents in chronological order).
- Numerous arts and sciences classes
- A Scriptorium
- The Annual Lady Kaarna Memorial Purple Dessert Contest
- And the Return of The Bard of Darach Bardic competition, hosted by the current Bard of Darach, Mistress Eilidh Swann.
Meals included with the weekend include a tasty soup on Friday evening, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and for Saturday evening:
The Most Delicious Feast in the History of Food
Due to site restrictions, attendance at this event will be very limited and by pre-registration only. Registration forms and additional details are available at
The fee for the weekend will be $60 if postmarked before January 1, 2010, and $65 if postmarked after.
The fee for daytripping will be $20 if postmarked before January 1, 2010 ($25 if postmarked after), and includes both Saturday lunch and Saturday Night feast.
Non-members, please add $3 non-member surcharge.
Please make checks payable to “SCA Inc. / Shire of Darach.” Registration forms must accompany payment.
Site: St. Vincent de Paul Ranch Camp, Star Route 154, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 (this is the street address.) Site opens 3 p.m. Friday, March 13, and closes at 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 15.
Stewards: Lady Alia la rousse and Lady Mattea di Lanciano, firstname.lastname@example.org