THL Justinian Clarus, of the Kingdom of Ealdormere, reports that he has created a website for his class Speaking Forsoothly for Newcomers.
The website discusses ways of speaking that make participants in the SCA sound more medieval. It includes examples from the King James Bible, Shakespeare and other sources, and offers tips such as:
- Perceive the World through the Eyes of Your Persona.
- Describe the World in Terms Suitable for Your Persona
- Never use contractions where you normally would.
- Always use contractions where you normally would not.
- Never use 3 syllables where 5 will fit.
- Use alliteration and other poetic devices.
- Think first, talk later.