The SCA Board of Directors has announced that it is seeking applicants for the position of Society Exchequer.
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Exchequer. This position reports to the SCA Corporate Treasurer who reports to the SCA Board of Directors. The Society Exchequer is responsible for delivering and meeting deadlines for the following:
- Compile the Society Domesday report, grouped by state and kingdom, with depreciation breakout, and submission of these reports to the Corporate Accountant;
- Maintain the Kingdom domesday report template spreadsheets and distribute them each year to the Kingdom Exchequers;
- Track Corporate NMS reporting by payment, and event-including attendance (may be delegated);
- Review quarterly reports on Kingdom level accounts;
- Review kingdom and inter-kingdom financial policies to make sure they are in compliance with the Society Financial Policy and to submit revised financial policies to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Review Interkingdom Event Financial Policies and submit to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board for approval;
- Report quarterly to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board of Directors and report the meeting results to the Kingdom Exchequers;
- Travel as required to support Kingdom Exchequers, including for training, book reviews, and theft investigations;
- Conduct supplemental training of Kingdom Exchequers and assist training of local exchequers;
- Conduct reviews of Kingdom books at least once every two years or when a Kingdom office changes hands (may be delegated);
- Maintain the Kingdom Exchequer email list;
- Maintain the general exchequer email list;
- Notify Kingdom Exchequers of any changes in policy or procedure, including consulting with them to develop any necessary new policies;
- Maintain the various exchequer handbooks/manuals and republish them at least every three years;
- Maintain the various exchequer reporting forms and update them as needed;
- Serve as subject matter expert for questions from the Kingdom Exchequers as well as the general populace;
- Warrant Kingdom Exchequers and special deputies; and
- Communicate with banks where necessary.
In addition, the Society Exchequer must deal with international financial reporting issues where affiliations do not exist. The Society Exchequer receives a stipend for their services on a 1099 basis. Work load will vary but expect to put in an average of 15 hours per week.
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable phone access; moderate Microsoft Excel proficiency; moderate Microsoft Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, i.e. in person and via email, phone, and in written reports. Prior experience as an exchequer in the SCA is required; prior Kingdom Exchequer experience is highly desired. Working knowledge of SCA’s accounting procedures is necessary. Those individuals with accounting backgrounds or training are highly desired.
Those interested in the position of Society Exchequer should submit their SCA and modern era resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2010, with a hard copy sent to the Corporate Office in Milpitas.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email email@example.com.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.