The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Chronicler. The current Society Chronicler’s warrant ends in August 2010. In order to ensure a smooth transition, applications for the position of Society Chronicler are now being accepted.
The Society Chronicler’s duties include the following:
- Supervision of all Kingdom Newsletters to ensure they adhere to Corporate standards and copyright law
- Maintaining, updating, and enforcing the Society Chronicler’s Policies
- Acting as a resource for Kingdom Chroniclers and all Chroniclers throughout the Society; administration of an electronic mailing list for Kingdom Chroniclers
- Administration of the annual Master William Blackfox awards for excellence in SCA publications
- Regular reporting to the Publications Manager and Board of Directors
The successful candidate should have the following skills/competencies:
- Experience managing a newsletter at the SCA Corporate or Kingdom level
- Extensive familiarity with SCA publications
- Basic familiarity with copyright law, both US and international
- Experience working with publishing software and mailing houses and/or postal systems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with SCA Corporate and Kingdom structure
- Familiarity with electronic publications and supervision of websites
- Knowledge of Society Chronicler’s policies and issues currently facing SCA Chroniclers
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral, and electronic) and the ability to work with other Corporate and Society officers and deputies
As the bulk of the management of the office is done electronically, a reliable internet connection is also required.
The current Society Chronicler intends to step down as of August 21, 2010, upon completion of this year’s Blackfox Awards. Applications for the office will be accepted through May 15, 2010, and the successful applicant will be notified before the end of July. Please include both an SCA and a modern resume with three references for each including names and e-mail addresses. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.