You won't notice major changes in the look of the site, though we are working on a cosmetic refresh in the near future. But we have added some features that we think our readers and contributors will find useful. UPDATED 2010-01-17 22:40 EST
- Try our new Advanced Search feature to find content quickly. Just click the "Search" button without entering any text, and open the "Advanced" section.
- Contributors can now use our WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to nicely format content. No more need to use cryptic HTML. But, if you are technically inclined and want to type your own HTML, you still can. Underneath the text fields that support the rich text editor is a clickable link to toggle between rich text and the classic manual HTML style.
- The new version of Drupal supports a feature called "block cache" that should improve page view speed, especially for our registered users.
- The time-based news archive has an improved user interface. Use this to find content by year and month, all the way back to our founding in 2002.
- We have added an improved version of the site map to allow you to find content by topic.
We hope you enjoy the new features, and that you find no problems with the things that were working before. Our RSS syndication feeds should all work the same as before, but if your site is running our news feed and you find a problem, please let us know.
Thanks for your patience during the upgrade!
UPDATE -- Possible problem with subscriptions: I have received one report from a user who received a lot of emails from SCAtoday.net right after the upgrade. The problem appears to have been a transient during the upgrade process, but I have temporarily turned off subscription notify emails for the night. I will re-enable this feature during the day so I can watch it closely and make sure it doesn't continue to misbehave. I believe the problem was due to some previously queued notifications being released all at once, rather than a problem with the new software, but I'll be paying close attention to the situation to make sure of that. Anyone affected by this problem, please accept my humble apology for the inconvenience. --Justin