B A B A M A R T A
Come help us break the back of winter and welcome spring at Compass Lake in the Hills, 645 Compass Lake Drive, Alford, FL 32420
March 5th - 7th, 2010
We have many activities planned:
For the A & S types, we will offer a variety of classes such as: a class on banners, a scribal class, class on crossbow history (probably Italian), a class on Hastings, a class on pewter casting. There are several others that are more tentative. (A more complete list of classes will be posted as soon as we receive confirmation from teachers)
We encourage a display of Arts and Science projects (finished or not) for a Populace vote
For the fighting types we will have a tourney (or two). A torchlight tourney is planned on Friday night. We will also have an archery range set up.
Feast is by reservation only. The menu will be posted as soon as available – please notify the Feastcrat with any food allergies. Traveler's fare is available on Friday. Breakfast will be served on Saturday and Sunday and a fundraiser lunch is available on Saturday.
There is limited cabin space available for an additional charge – Please contact Reservationcrat for availability.
The cabins are comparable with motel rooms. They are heated and air-conditioned and have a kitchenette as well as a bathroom with shower. They are furnished with two double beds and there is room for one, maybe two cots.
Camping is permitted – no ground fires, please.
There are a few RV sites with electric hookups that can be used for tents or pavillions.
The site is wet, but please practice moderation.
* $22.00 weekend w/feast, $13.00 daytrip w/ feast
* Off-board – subtract $6.00
* Children 12 and under, half price; babes in arms, free
No family shall pay a site fee higher than 3 adults
Non-members add $3.00
Reservation deadline Feb. 19th, 2010
Make checks payable to SCA, Inc. – Shire of Flintmarsh
No checks accepted at door.
Site opens at 5:00 pm on Friday and closes at 11:00 am on Sunday.
From the north:
* Take Hwy 231 South approximately 8.5miles past the I-10 intersection, turn Left onto Lake Point Road and go approximately 2 miles. You will see a white fence and the entrance sign to Compass Lake in the Hills. Turn left onto Compass Lake Drive and go about 200 yards. The lodge is on your right with parking in front.
From the east or west:
* Take I-10 to exit 130, go south on Hwy 231, follow directions above.