Danute Dorion writes:
This is the film version of a sonnet cycle, very artsy, very stylized.
We will be casting The Making of A King on November 21, 2009. Auditions are between 2 pm and 5 pm. at the J.G. Hagey Hall of the Humanities situated on the University of Waterloo Campus (coded HH on the campus map) Room HH150. If you could spread the word that would be great!
Who we are casting for:
- MERLIN: A male of indeterminate age
- UTHER: The High King, a rugged warrior in his 40’s
- ECTOR: An older knight, aged 50 +
- GORLOIS: The King of Cornwall, aged in his early 30’s
- ARTHUR: Three ages – a young boy around 6 or 7, a teen around 14, a young man around 20
- YGRAINE: The Queen of Cornwall, a young woman in her early 30’s
- MORGANA: Two ages – a young girl around 7, a young lady around age 25
- GUINEVERE: A young lady around 17
As always, we will need extras. If you are not interested in a major part you don’t need to audition. However, you need to drop me a line with your name, address, e-mail address and phone number to: email@example.com Please include "Movie Extra" in the Subject line.
What you need to prepare:
Sign up sheets will be at the front desk. You may bring a copy of your performance resume if you have one. Head shots are not required as auditions will be recorded. Prepare a short monologue from Shakespeare, roughly 1 – 2 minutes in length. Also, be prepared for a cold reading with someone else.
What you should know:
This is an R rated film as it will have graphic violence, as well as provocative and sexual content. This will primarily effect the following roles: Uther, Gorlois, the Young Man Arthur, Ygraine and the Young Lady Morgana. Please be aware of this if you plan to audition for any of these parts. If you would like more background on these or any of the other roles please feel free to contact me.
As always, any questions can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org I hope to see some of you out. Spread the word. If you want to know what Ratling Productions is all about please check out the web page.