If you only make one event this fall, let it be Loch-tober Fest, Oct 30-Nov 1, 2009! There will be much more than challenging melee scenarios crafted by Sir Alexis and Don Tristan: A&S, youth A&S and Bardic championships (You can see all of our championship competitions and information at the Championships Main Page.) Children’s activities, Archery, and Questing: There are rumours of witches about the barony, and talk of launching pumpkins with trebuchets...
For lunch, $1 Sausages-on-the-Stick with delicious German mustards. For dinner, Their Graces Ulsted and Ebigardis will be crafting such a German feast that the Landsknechts of old will return from their resting places in Germany.
In addition, the Loch’s Brewers Guild will be bringing out batches of their famous beer and challenges you to bring yours and see whose brew reigns supreme in our first Brewing Competition, with a special prize for first time brewers.
This is THE event to which you should bring a newcomer. Not only are there are lots of exciting things to see and do; if that newcomer has never attended an SCA event, their site fee is CUT IN HALF (50% off) (no NMS for newcomers only)
- When: Oct. 30 to Nov. 1, 2009
- Where: Camp Camwood, located at the corner of Magnolia Road and Clear Creek Drive in Hockley, TX.
- Site Fees: $10 for Adults, $8 for Youth 12 (10-17), Children 10 and under FREE! ($30 Family Cap)
- Newcomers:$5 for Adults, $1 for Youth
- Feast Fees: $8 per person age 15+, $4 youth (6-15) under 6 free
- Site Policies: Site opens at 4pm on Fri, and closes at noon on Sun. Merchants are welcome. No pets, only service/working animals allowed. Beer and wine in period containers only. Fires only in above ground pits or established fire pits. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21-year-old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver form from the parents. Hosted by the Barony of Loch Soilleir. Plenty of camping is available.
From 290: From 290: Take Highway 290 to Hockley, and take the Hegar Rd. exit. Turn east onto Hegar Rd., and proceed 5.5 miles to Magnolia Rd. Bear to the right onto Magnolia Rd. and continue 2.4 miles to Clear Creek Drive. Turn left onto Clear Creek Drive, and the camp entrance is on the right. (Do not use the entrance off Magnolia Rd.)
From I45 through Tomball: Take FM 2920 west 13 miles to Tomball and Rt. 249. Cross Rt. 249 continuing west on FM 2920 - approx 8 miles to Roberts Cemetery Road. Turn right onto Roberts Cemetery Rd. and go 3 miles to the stop sign at Magnolia Road. (Note: You will be making four 90 degree turns. Exercise caution.) Turn left onto Magnolia / Nichols Sawmill Rd. and go 1.5 miles to Clear Creek Drive. Turn right onto Clear Creek Drive, and the camp entrance is on the right.
Event Steward Information: