Site Opens: 5PM on September 18, 2009
Site Closes: 7PM on September 20, 2009
Location: El Rancho de las Golondrinas, 344 Los Pinos Road, Santa Fe, NM
Site Status: Discretely wet…
- Fighting in armored combat and rapier combat tourneys and melees
- Cooking in a period outdoor kitchen
- Recruiting new members into the SCA
- Enjoying a totally free meal-plan (breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Saturday) – just bring your feast gear
- Hanging out with your friends
- Shopping at SCA merchants’ booths in the SCA Village
- Shopping at other merchants’ booths in the “town plaza”
- Enjoying standard lunchtime Ren Fair food in the “town plaza” (turkey legs, anyone?)
- Enjoying a drink from the wine, beer, and mead garden in the “town plaza”
- Camping out under the stars (or in your tent, if you’d rather) at a living history ranch
- Not paying anything for a site fee or for breakfast and dinner!
- Enjoying a campfire at night…
Requests and Reminders:
- SCA merchants, if you would like to sell your wares in the SCA Village (and you are encouraged to do so), please plan on being able to demonstrate your art to the public.
- Armored and rapier combatants, please come ready to impress the general public with your fighting prowess, your shiny armor, and your best deaths!
- Hungry SCAdians, come ready to enjoy the culinary bounty of Drygestan! Also, please RSVP for the meal-plan by September 11, 2009, so that we know how many people to feed! Right now, the meal-plan is capped at 50 people, but that’s negotiable. You may RSVP by e-mailing THLady Maimuna (thlmaimuna at gmail.com).
- SCAdians, come in your regalia and finery and represent your time period to the general public!
- Set-up of campsites needs to occur before 9:30AM on Saturday and tear-down of campsites needs to occur after 6:30PM on Sunday.
- Vehicular traffic is forbidden during the hours of the Fair (10AM-6PM on Saturday and 10AM-6PM on Sunday).
- Please leave your pets at home; this is a working farm.
- There are no fire restrictions set for Santa Fe County, but be responsible for your fire-pits, etc.