Now in one compact package, we will have the best of both events: Friday Night Fights, Flaming Arrows, the Knowne World's only Fruit Shoot, and the Outland's only siege weapon competition. Added to this, there will be a "Boar" Hunt as well as other heavy weapons challenges coordinated by Sir Gareth, devious and challenging shoots developed by Lord Simon of Ravenswood, and exciting rapier matches planned by Her Excellency Signy von Velden. Once all the fighting, fencing, shooting, and lobbing of heavy objects is done, the Platte River is just over the hill for us to cool off in.
July 17-19, 2009
SVHS Tallow River Trappers Rendezvous Site, Fort Lupton, CO
Site opens: July 17th, 5:00 pm
Site closes: July 19th, noon
More of the site will be mowed over the next few weeks, so we will be able to conduct some of our martial arts activities in the rendezvous portion. They will be fogging for bugs the day before we use the site, but you'll still want to bring some repellant just in case.
- Site is wet.
- There is no potable water on site. Please bring your own drinking water.
- Above ground fire pits only - minimum of 6" clearance. Fire restrictions may apply.
- Pets must be on leash at all times.
- The site is adjacent to the Platte River, so children should have adult supervision at all times.
- Although there is a fair amount of shade, bringing additional shade is advisable.
- Bring bug spray.
Checks payable to 'SCA Inc. - Caer Galen'
Adult - $15
Child - $5
Daytrip - $10
Family Cap - $40
Non-member Surcharge - $3 per person
From I-25, go East off exit 235 (Highway 52). Turn left (North) at Highway 85. Turn left on 14th St/CR 14 1/2. The site is approximately 1/2 mile west of HW 85 on CR14 1/2.
Sir Gareth of Gryphon's Nest
Lady Cera ingen Ronain