The Barony of Dreiburgen invites you to join us at our Yule Celebration on Saturday December 6, 2008
** Donation Raffle - Bring an item to donate for the raffle. In the spirit of the season our raffle proceeds will be donated to the 2 SCA members that were affected by the Montecito Tea Fire. As you should have heard by now, 2 of our own are in the hospital with serious burn injuries and have lost their home. Please be generous. **
Yucca Valley Senior Center
57088 Twentynine Palms Highway
Yucca Valley, Ca. 92284
2:00pm - Site opens 10:00pm - Site closes
Schedule for the Day:
2:00pm - Site opens
4:00pm - Court
5:30pm - Buffet opens
9:30pm - Clean up
10:00pm - Site closes sharp
Highway 10 eastbound to Highway 62 north. Follow Highway 62 through Morongo Valley up the hill into Yucca Valley. The first left after the Super 8 is your turn. From there follow the signs. For more information please feel free to email Lady Dananir
We have made arrangements with a local motel for a discounted rate. Remember that this is a dry site, the local cantina has been contacted and they know that there could be anywhere from 5 to 30 of us for after event drinks. They do karaoke on Saturdays, and while they do not have any period music for us, that doesn't mean we can't do a little filk.
Events of the Day:
* Site opens at 2:00 pm, there will be pre-court snackies, come and help decorate the hall and our Yule Tree.
* Please bring your banners and tapestries to help decorate the walls. We have a limited amount of banner stands so please let us know ahead of time if you need a banner stand.
* Gift exchange - Designed to help spread the wealth of the artistry of the populace, all items must be handmade. Participation is optional. Bring your handmade item, of course beautifully wrapped, and labeled as Lord, Lady, or Either. We will have a separate exchange for our youth, handmade is optional but desired.
* Friends of the Barony are always welcome to join us for our festivities.
We will have many activities throughout the afternoon and evening.
- Table lighting and decorating contest – Bring out your best candles and your finest table decor. There will be a prize for both the best lighting effect and for the best overall table decor.
- Ornament Exchange – Bring an ornament for the Yule tree and take an ornament home with you.
- Dancing will be lead by, Her Excellency, Robynne the Grey.
- Music throughout the day by the Dreiburgen Music Guild.
- Gaming - assorted gaming available, bring your bauble box or favorite table game. Bring your best bauble box, Lord Egil will choose his favorite and your prize will be goodies for your box.
- There will be a craft table set aside for the youth. Lady Sayeua will be setting this area up for us. If you would like to help please contact her directly.
The feast for the evening will be a potluck, your dish should cover 6 to 8 people. Her Excellency Elyn is allergic to grapefruit, please avoid this ingredient. Also a small card with a list of your main ingredients to be placed near your dish would be helpful. **Remember, many folks have food allergies and we don't want anyone to be put out. Please sign up by emailing Lady Dananir your dish information, or see her at an event.
$12.00 for members, $6.00 youth 7-12, and all youth under 6 are guests of the Barony. There is a $3.00 surcharge for non-members. Please make checks payable to SCA, Inc/Barony of Dreiburgen.
Any questions should be directed to Lady Dananir al-Attarah
Barony of Dreiburgen (Yucca Valley, California)