Come join our barony as we end the year with merriment and laughter. Get there early and enjoy lunch and the annual LyonBard Competition. Buy your ticket(s) for the chance to be named Lord or Lady of Misrule,who will 'reign' over the evening's feast. Or just enjoy a showcase of farces, a humorous feast, a joyous revel, and the company of our populace.
- Lunch: The barony will provide a modest lunch buffet...
- LyonBard: The competition to determine our baronial bard...
- Lord/Lady of Misrule: This Christmas tradition affords a lucky 'peasant' to act as royalty. "...
- Farces: Historic or original; musical, or prosaic; solo or ensemble....
- Feast: Dinner will be a subtle repast suitable for any palate and diet.... This is a damp site...
- Revel: After our hunger is satiated, we can dance, play and otherwise enjoy one-another's company ....
Gold Crest Rebekah Hall
406 East Grand Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245
10:00 AM – Site opens for set-up
11:00 AM – Gate Opens
12:00 Noon – Lunch and Lyon Bard Competition begins. The Lord/Lady of
Misrule will be named after the competition.
3:00 PM – Farces begin
5:00 PM– Dinner begins. Court business will occur between courses.
8:00 PM – Revel begins
11:00 PM – Cleanup begins
12:00 midnight – Site Closes
Gate Fee Only: $10 for members
Feast Fee: $10 adult members
Non-members: add $3
Make checks payable to SCA, Inc./Barony of Lyondemere.
Please make reservations by November 30th. Contact: YuleStewardatlyondemere.org for reservations. You do not need to pay in advance, but it is appreciated.
The event steward is: The Honorable Lady Meala Caimbeul: YuleStewardatlyondemere.org
The Gold Crest Rebekah Hall is at 406 East Grand Avenue El Segundo, CA 90245, on the Northwest corner of Grand and Arena. Mariposa is to the North, El Segundo Blvd. to the South, and Sepulveda to the East. (Google Maps link) There is a small parking lot, and plenty of near-by street parking, but be warned, some street parking is limited. READ ALL SIGNS before parking on the street. Location:
Barony of Lyondemere (El Segundo, California)