On this 13th day of December, 999 Anno Domini, Their Excellencies of Caer Galen, Bjarki and Asta, cordially invite you to join them in celebrating winter in its most festive fashion!
This year, we celebrate our Midwinter alongside the Dnieper River, in the beautiful seat of the Rurikid rulers, Kiev. The delegation from Constantinople has come up to visit the Kievan Princes, as well as various envoys from Scandinavia to conduct trade negotiations.
Lady Shoshanna Rimcha bat Reuven is preparing a Russian and Ottoman Feast that will quite possibly break the serving boards! We will also have a lunch sideboard that is included in your site fee. Please contact her directly at Shoshanna@caergalen.org with dietary restrictions and requests.
December 13, 2008
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
1303 S. Bross Lane
Longmont, CO 80501
Site Opens 11am; Closes 10pm
Site is VERY discretely wet.
Various activities to take place during the day:
- “Best Use of Fish” A&S Contest
- Most Beautiful Treasure Strand Contest
- The Caer Galen Senatorial Election (we need more senators)
- The Baroness' Favor Tournament, a Snowball Tournament for Heavy Fighters—the final round will be a snowball fight, if there’s snow. If not, we’ll fling something else.
- The Captain of the City Guard Tournament
- Voting for the Harp of Caer Galen!
- Silent Auction, with the proceeds to go to the Kingdom Travel Fund
- Their Majesties of the Outlands and Their Excellencies of Caer Galen will have Court during the day, scheduled at Their Pleasure.
- Their Majesties of the Outlands will also hold a meeting with the Defenders of the White Scarf, schedule to be determined shortly.
Feast Reservations will be limited to 80 people, so please get your reservations in early. FEAST RESERVATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY NOVEMBER 30, 2008! There will not be any feast reservations available at the door, and in true Caer Galen fashion the only good reservation is a PAID reservation! Please mail your reservations to Mistress Signy von Velden at the information listed below!
From Denver and Parts North: Take your best route to exit 240 off of Interstate 25 in Longmont, CO. Travel west on Hwy 119 7 miles, and turn left (south) on South Pratt Parkway. Go ½ mile south and turn right (west) on Missouri. Go one block and the church is on your left.
From southern parts of Boulder County: Take Hwy 287 North to Longmont, and turn left (west) on Hwy 119 to South Pratt Parkway. Go ½ mile south and turn right (west) on Missouri. Go one block and the church is on your left.
From Boulder: Take Hwy 119 East to Longmont, and then turn right (south) on South Pratt Parkway. Go ½ mile south and turn right (west) on Missouri. Go one block and the church is on your left.
Event Steward: Mistress Brianna Chevreuil Kathryn_Michel@msn.com
Chef de Cuisine: Lady Shoshona Simcha bat Reuven Shoshanna@caergalen.org
Reservations Agent and Gatekeeper: Mistress Signy von Velden firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Steward: Master Grellan O'Conchobhair email@example.com
Royal and Baronial Liaison: Mistress Meenakshi de Gama firstname.lastname@example.org Location:
Barony of Caer Galen (Longmont, Colorado)