Ladies and Gentlemen, we beg your indulgence. As there is less than 30 days left to pre-register for the Known World event of the year, we are coming to you on this and in days hence to insure that all who will are enticed into attending this "don't miss" weekend. We present for your amusement and edification:
Known World Costuming Symposium III - Known World Academy of the Rapier
October 17-19, 2003
Barony of Caerthe, Kingdom of the Outlands (Denver, Colorado, USA)
Some quick facts:
- 18 merchants in our huge merchant room.
- 200 class hours - You'll never be bored. Enjoy classes on Fencing, Costuming, Dance and a track of joint interest classes.
- Indoor and outdoor fencing space
- Costuming displays
- The famous "Walk Through History"
- Legerdemain Roundtable
- Masked Ball with period gaming (no risk to your wallet)
- Hotel rooms at $59 a night (code SCASCAA)
- Raffles throughout the weekend.
- Hospitality Suite
Schedule (subject to change):
- >Registration opens at 4pm.
- Known World Social - Hosted by Medieval Properties Inc. 7pm
Join new and old friends from around the Known World for a little get together. Enjoy finger foods and our own private cash bar.
- Registration opens at 7am and closes at 10 pm.
- Merchant room opens at 8 am and closes at midnight.
- Classes being at 10 am. (see event web site for class schedule)
- Featured speakers:
- Robin Netherton will present When Medieval Meets Victorian: the roots of Modern Costume Sources
- Tawny Sherrill will be presenting Cesare Vecellio's Costume Book and then Myth of Venice
- Don Tivar Moondragon will be presenting The History of Rapier Fighting in the SCA
- Evening Feast (final menu available on the event site after Oct 1st) - 6:30 pm
- Masked Ball - The Come-As-You-Aren't Ball - 8:00 pm
- The Dicing Dragon - Period gaming
- Dancing, dancing and more dancing!
- Other events scheduled for Saturday:
- Pelican ceremony for Her Excellency Do