Greetings to the Web Ministers of the Known World, or at least those on my list,
Here is a copy of the web version of my Florilegium article for June.
If you have a 'links' page on your site, I would appreciate links to the Florilegium or to any section or files within it that you think your readers might be particularly interested in.
Also, if you know any other web ministers who might like to get this monthly article for their websites, please have them contact me.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past eighteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others, I have placed this information in a collection of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.
I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. A&S documentation and class handouts will also often work out well.
I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials, editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more details.
THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at florilegium.org
Here are the new files for this month:
In the BEVERAGES section:
- Atholl-Brose-art - "Atholl Brose" by Mistress Morgana yr Oerfa.
In the COMBAT-RAPIER section:
- Rap-Cbt-S-Hst-art - "Rapier Combat: A Social History" by Don
In the CULTURES section:
- Muslms-Sicily-art - "Muslims in Sicily" by Lady Gianotta dalla
In the ENTERTAINMENT section:
- Cambok-art - "Cambok!" by Master Dafydd ap Gwystl.
In the FEASTS section:
- GT-Unicrn-Fst-art - "Grand Tournament of the Unicorn Feast" by
Lady Avelyn Grene. (MK, 4/08)
In the FOOD-BREADS section:
- Bread-Hist-art - "A Treatise on Bread" by Mistress Aldyth
In the NEWCOMERS section:
- Persona-101-art - "Persona 101" by L. Kyleena of the
In the SCA-INC section:
- Seneschal-101-art - "Seneschal-101" by Master Rhys Terafan
In the TEXTILE ARTS section:
- Kumihimo-art - "Kumihimo - The Japanese art of making
braided cord" by Erlan Skald di Norlandi.
Here are just a few of the updated files this month.
- bag-cooking-msg - Using plastic bags to warm pre-cooked foods
at SCA events.
- books-Norse-msg - Books about the Norse. Reviews.
- handcream-msg - Medieval lotions and handcreams. recipes.
- jalabs-msg - Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup base such
as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint Drink).
- organ-meats-msg - Period cooking of organ meats.
- P-stories-msg - Pennsic stories.
- pastries-msg - Medieval pastries. Recipes.
- peppers-msg - The introduction of peppers to Europe.
Copyright 2008, Mark S. Harris. Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.
THLord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org ****