Mistress Maudeleyn writes:
This year the Kingdoms of Meridies and Gleann Abhann hosted the 2nd Gulf Wars Open Arts and Sciences Faire. We had a total of 25 entries, and gave out the following prizes:
- Populace Choice- Kojin the Wayfarer (beer) Meridies
- Meridies Laurels- Brygyt d'Ary (14th c. Persian Kamis) Trimaris
- Gleann Abhann Laurels- Caerell Mac Domnaill (bone carving) Ansteorra
- Novice (HRM Lethrenn)-Caerell Mac Domnaill (bone carving) Ansteorra Gilla Patriac Haubranian (Gold and Lapis Necklace)GA Bull (fire strikers) Middle
- Novice (HRM Kenna)-Cristyana Lambrecht (Henin and Wool Dress) Ansteorra Count Seth and HE Gwen's 14th c. prize (in honor of The Deed)-Brygyt d'Ary (14th c. hood) Trimaris
Congratulations to all the winners and entrants. We had seven Kingdoms represented. Of the 25 entries:
- Gleann Abhann: 10
- Ansteorra: 6
- Atlanti: 3
- Meridies: 2
- Trimaris: 2
- East: 1
- Middle: 1
I would like to thank all those who helped before, during, and after the Faire with organization-Mistress Jennet, Mistress Marion, Baroness Gwendolen, Baroness Rhiannon, Baroness Etheldred Nic Eoghaninn, Baroness Rosalind Mihrimah, THL Catherine Stewart, THL David le Ymagour, THL Gwyneth Caerr, THL Margot DuBois, THL Gwen MacAusland, THL Frederick Alton, Lady Andriet d'Pisan (called Chandra) and Lady Margareta Gijsberts.
And thanks to those who donated prizes: Mistress Asta, Mistress Derbail, Mistress Jennet of Tewkesbury, Mistress Marion Leoncina da Susa, Mistress Brigit Olesdottir, Mistress Rebecca with the Greyhound, Baroness Ethldred, Count Seth and Baroness Gwen.
Special thanks for those who served a wonderful lunch to Laurels, entrants, and those working the event-THL Enricx Bongnier, THL Alianor of Iron Mountain, Mistress Marsali, and Mistress Dametta.
I hope to see even more folks next year, so be ready to enter or simply come by and vote for your favorite!
Yours in Service,
Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour