Applicants must be available for at least the October quarterly Board Discussion Session (typically held on Friday), in addition to the October Board meeting (typically on Saturday). Additional traveling may be required.
Applicants must have immediate access to internet, PC and printer, possess and have experience with Excel (preferred) or other spreadsheet applications.
Duties of the Treasurer
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
- Create (with outside resources) a system of investing for accounts other than those controlled by the corporate office.
- Work with the President, the Society Exchequer, the Vice President for Corporate Operations and the outside accountant to ensure all financial filings are maintained.
- Work with the Society Exchequer to insure that our relationship with third party financial vendors (i.e. banks) are maintained.
- Implement and maintain a planned giving program.
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Work with the President and the VP of Corporate Operations to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis.
- Prepare and present the annual budget to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses, and make appropriate
- Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA qualifications, hard copy to Renee Signorotti, Society for Creative Anachronism, P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789, with courtesy copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by June 1, 2008.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email email@example.com.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.