The Known World Players announces auditions for this year's Pennsic performance of Euripides' "Medea". Rehearsals take place in the afternoons at Pennsic War 37 with our performance the final Friday evening of War Week.
Auditions will be held at the following events:
- Masque of Courtly Love (February 23). Event website:
- Royal University of the Midrealm (March 29). Event website:
- Noisemakers Schola III (February 23). Event website:
There is no monologue required to audition, however, if you would like to prepare one that is fine. Auditions will consist of scene readings. All roles are open.
- What are the Known World Players?
We are a troupe of actors who perform period plays in a period fashion at the Pennsic War. This will be our 8th year in existence.
- Who do I talk to for more information?
You can contact the founding director, THL Tyzes Sofia (called Zsof) at email@example.com, or for questions about the East Kingdom auditions contact Master Lorcan Dracontius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I'm worried about the time commitment at Pennsic. Can you tell me more about the rehearsals?
We rehearse every afternoon from the middle Sunday of Pennsic through our performance the final Friday of Pennsic. The larger the role, the more time required at rehearsals. If you would still like to perform but with a smaller role, please let us know. A large role will require your presence at every rehearsal.
- I can't make the auditions, but still want to be a part, how can I do this?
We are more than willing to do auditions over the phone, or set up time at an event either one of us will be at. If you can't make an audition, please don't let that stop you from contacting us.
- Do you have a website?
Sure! Head on over to http://www.karolinekramer.com/kwplayers
Have any other questions? Feel free to contact Zsof.