Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,
Here is a copy of my monthly Florilegium article for November.
If you have written some good documentation for an A&S project or a paper for an A&S contest or if you have created a handout for a class, please consider sending them to me for possible inclusion in the Florlegium. If A&S documentation or a class handout can stand alone without the actual project or the class, then it may make a good addition to the Florilegium. My standard policy is that the copyright remains with the author and will take updates at any time. This means, for instance, that you can always replace your documentation with a more polished article later. In the meantime, folks can still be learning from the work you have done.
I am also putting together a "suggested articles" list which will be posted on the website. If you have an idea for an article which you'd like to read, but haven't seen anywhere, please let me know and I'll add it to this list and perhaps someone will get inspired and write such an article.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past seventeen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others, I have placed this information in a collection of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.
I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.
I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials, editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more details.
THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at florilegium.org
Here are the new files for this month:
In the ACCESSORIES section:
- wearng-cornts-msg - Wearing coronets at SCA events.
In the CRAFTS section:
- Lea-Hardware-art - "Leather `Hardware` for the Woodworker" by Master Sven Odin Eye.
In the ENTERTAINMENT section:
- Brothel-Games-art - "Brothel Games" by Master Brusten de Bearsul, OL, OP.
In the FOOD section:
- blue-cheese-msg - Period blue cheeses.
In the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
- Balled-Mustrd-art - "A Preliminary Examination of 'Balled Mustard for Trips'" by THLord Æduin of Skye, OLC, OHA, ODC.
In the PERFORMANCE ARTS section:
- Pipe-a-Tabor-art - "Pipe and Tabor" by Hlaford (Lord) Iohann se pipere.
In the TEXTILE-ARTS section:
- Cloth-of-Gold-art - "Cloth of Gold" by THL Cassandra of Glastonbury.
Here are some of the updated files.
- Atlantia-hist-msg - Histories of the Kingdom of Atlantia.
- cheese-msg - Medieval cheese. Recipes.
- peerage-vigls-msg - Comments on SCA Peerage Vigils.
- plums-msg - Period plums and plum recipes.
- rue-msg - Medieval uses of the herb "rue". Cautions.
- travel-foods-msg - Period travel foods.
Copyright 2007, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.
THLord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org ****